Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kape Kod Kick!

And just when I thought I'd never get over Craftsman/Arts and Crafts. I've spent a lot of time studying cape cod and shingle style to identify it's root design in order to implement them well on our current project. In it's original form it is at it's simplest and resembles many homes common in the older Salt Lake neighborhoods.


Born out of Cape Cod influence you get Shingle Style homes which are frequently done as huge coastal retreats.



Of all the homes I've snapped photos of in my "field research" I had this home on my laptop's desktop. My brother-in-law saw it one day in passing and said "hey, I painted that house" That's great cause I've referenced this home for colors, shingles, trims, etc. Now I can get the paint color matches.

And here are some other awesome EXTERIORS I've collected om my Pinterest account.



Here's a sneak peak at the kitchen. I found this article and it contained some similar details we are using. We are keeping with the traditional theme of Cape Cod throughout the home with a more coastal/casual feel.

No comments: